SMSC stands for Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural. All schools in England must show how well their pupils develop in SMSC.
SMSC at Fairfield Endowed Church of England (c) Junior School means that:
- I can care about myself and other people
- I can work with and respect other people
- I can choose between what is right and wrong
- I can understand the consequences of my choices and actions
- I can understand what fascinates me and talk about it with others
- I can ask ‘why’ questions
- I can see wonder in the world
- I can be proud of who I am and where I come from
- I can learn about and respect other people’s cultures.
A copy of our Mental Health and Well-being policy can be downloaded here.