We are aware of our responsibilities to the safeguarding and protection of children in our care.
We aim to have all national and local authority guidelines for the safeguarding of children kept up to date. All staff and governors sign to confirm they are aware of the existence of such documentation.
All staff are trained in the safeguarding of pupils, some at Level 1, most at Level 2 and 5 at Senior Designated Lead level.
Safeguarding training is refreshed every couple of years, in line with national recommendations. The training varies in deliverance, being a mix of online training and face to face input.
We ensure that there is at least one person on an interview panel who has accessed safer recruitment training.
Safeguarding policies documents and Advice
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2021/2022
At FEJS we see Safeguarding as integral to our school and the safety of our pupils is paramount. We have laid out our approach and provision in our brochure to parents, which you can download here and here (Guide for parents). We have also included a provision pyramid.
Our Safeguarding curriculum shows where Safeguarding is taught throughout the year and across year groups.
This policy should be read in conjunction with:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018) which is statutory guidance to be read and followed by all those providing services for children and families, including those in education._
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021), which is the statutory guidance for Schools and Colleges. Also on LID- (The Leaning in Derbyshire) website- http://derbyshire.inthehive.net
- Keeping Children Safe in Education: Information for all School and College Staff (2021). Also on LID- (The Leaning in Derbyshire) website- http://derbyshire.inthehive.net
- What to Do if Worried a child is being Abused: Advice for Practitioners. March 2015.
- Furthermore, we will follow the procedures set out by the Derbyshire Safeguarding Children’s board :http://derbyshirescbs.proceduresonline.com/index.htm
Online Safety Policies:
In accordance with the above procedures, the School carries out an annual audit of its Safeguarding provision (S175 Safeguarding Audit, which is a requirement of the Education Act 2002 & 2006) a copy of which is sent to the Local Authority Safeguarding Team.